A beautiful and lively material
Wood is a natural material, commonly used for furniture production. Natural variations in wood give the furniture individuality and character. Variations in pattern, color and texture make each piece of furniture unique.
Wood can be processed in many ways and there are also many different types of trees that are used for furniture production. In Stressless® production, we carefully select between the many options based on how each component will be used. Appearance, hardness, resistance, pliability, color and structure are just some of the factors we take into consideration when choosing which material to use for a new product in the Stressless® collection.
Standard wood collection
For Stressless® recliners, sofas and accessories we mainly use solid or laminated beech. The hardness of the wood makes beech furniture extremely durable. It is strong with a high abrasion resistance. Beech is easy to work with and provides a good base for adding stain and varnish.
Exclusive wood collection
For Stressless® Sam, Stressless® Scott and the Stressless® Dining collection, several wood types have been selected baed on the need to shape and to make products that are durable and easy to maintain.
Varnished wood is commonly used in furniture manufacturing. Attractive looks, durability and easy maintenance are its main advantages – and among the main reasons for its popularity.
• Remove dust with a soft, dry cloth.
• Remove spills and stains immediately.
• Wipe the surface with a soft, clean cloth well wrung out in lukewarm water if needed, and then immediately polish with a soft, dry cloth.
• Difficult stains can be removed using a cloth with a mild soap solution (just a few drops of washing-up liquid per liter of water). Immediately polish with a dry cloth after cleaning.
• Never use abrasive cleaners such as scouring powders or creams, or microfiber cloths.
• Repairs should only be carried out by authorized persons. Please contact your furniture retailer for advice.